Monday, June 14, 2010

Updates!

So I have surgery in less then 36 hrs and will be in the hospital for 2-4 days depending on how I'm feeling and if there are any complications.  And after that I intend to be bestfriends with some pain killers and next week we are moving and then I have my 2nd surgery.  Insanity right??!?!  What this all adds up to is I'm going to be very busy, very stressed, doped up, in pain and not likely posting much.  Just a forewarning.  :)

Now onto the updates.

Moving process is coming along nicely.  And after Wed it won't be my concern anymore.  As I'm exempt from packing, moving, etc thanks to my surgery.  Hehehe.  It's a valid exemption!

The veggies are doing alright.  My poor pepper plant has been invaded by aphids and alas I think the battle against them is a lost cause.  I still have pepper fruit on the plant and some new one growing, but virtually every leaf is yellowed.  I even tried the soap and water solution, but I think it might have been too little too late.  Everything else is growing wonderfully!!  I have already started using my parsley and dill that I grew from seeds in recipes!  And my green beans are about ready for their first harvest!!  The sugar snap peas have yet to bloom let alone produce, but they have managed to grow to about 4 ft tall.  Oh, and last week I decided to try planting broccoli seeds!  The little seedlings have already broke the surface!  So now it's a wait and see what happens game.  :)

Swedish language.  Well I have started speaking swedish in public!  Shocking, I know right!?!?  I have also begun chatting in swedish my "mother-in-law" on facebook chat.  While I haven't been in school since April due to illnesses, doctors visits, and all the other madness that is my life, I am still trying to soak up the language.  I even watched a few swedish tv shows.  And I'm bringing a couple of workbooks with me in my hospital bag to provide "entertainment" while in the hospital.  Because you know, when your high as a kite and freshly sliced open, the one thing you want to do is to study a foreign language.  Hahaha.  At least I'm making an effort.  Right?

So there's the latest and greatest (well maybe not greatest) of whats happening now in my life....on the other side of the planet!

-FXA

0 comments:

Post a Comment