Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let the car season begin!

This may come as a shocker to many of you (most of you in America), that Swede's are really into muscle cars and hot rods.  Especially American muscle cars.  Every summer there is a HUGE car meet/show here that is actually the largest American car show outside of America!  Its called Power Big Meet.  This blog isn't actually about that.  That's in a few weeks.  But my boyfriend is a huge car enthusiast.  He even has his own baby.  A '94 Chevy Camaro (Gen 4).  He's a member of the Camaro Club of Sweden also.  As a member we get to go to car club meetings, and we get to go to other car meetings as well via invitation.

So this past weekend the Camaro Club of Sweden was invited to attend a Hot Rod/Classic Car meeting in Västerås at the Autotek Garage.  So Nick and I went.  We were one of maybe 5 camaros there.  For the most part it was classic cars with a few newer ones thrown into the mix.  There was even a drag racer there, and it was a woman!!!  That made me happy!  Girl Power!  She gave us a display of her muscle.

So I'm not a big grease monkey like my honey.  So I just point and say "Ooh, pretty car!" Hehehe.  But I do have a fond appreciation for some of the cars at this show.  I do love some classic American cars.  They just don't make them like they used to anymore.  I actually told my boyfriend that I wouldn't mind if one day we owned one of these 50's-60's style cars.  I mean, talk about riding in style!  I asked if he'd be interested in one day buying an old one that needs some love and rebuilding it together.  Gives me a chance to learn more and us a chance to do something together.  :) Yeah, he wasn't thrilled about that idea.  He said he loves cars, but not that much to do all that work to them.  Hahaha.  Wimp!

Are you like foaming at the mouth yet to see what cars were there?  I know you are!  I bet you can't stand to read one more line of blathering dribbles.  You just want the pics.  Okay, here they come!




I did mention video too didn't I?  Hmm.  Well here it comes.  My apologies for the lack of visual and audio quality.  I took the video using my digital camera.  It was much more impressive in person.  Being that it is a small side street, she didn't have much room to let her rip.  Towards the end of the summer I'll hopefully be going to Mantorp which has tons of drag racing and drift racing.  I'll try to get better video then.  :) In the meantime, enjoy!


So there's the highlight of my weekend!

-FXA

0 comments:

Post a Comment