Monday, June 7, 2010

Madness, Mayhem, and Moving!

June is proving to be like the craziest month of the last few years for me.

On June 16, I have one surgery.  June 27 we are moving into our bigger apartment.  June 28, another surgery!  Insane right?  I know!  Believe it or not, I didn't plan this.  My surgeries were supposed to be earlier, but had been delayed.  It just so happened that everything ended up having to be close together.  Oh and did I mention Sweden's biggest holiday is June 25/26 (Midsummer)?

Plus side for me is thanks to the surgery, I don't have to actually help with the moving.  Woohoo!!  Now, the negative side is that because of the surgeries and the moving, I've had to get a head start on packing and all that fun stuff.  My boyfriend will be working pretty much everyday he's not by my side with the surgeries and after-care.  And he's like the worlds biggest procrastinator.  So I don't expect him to get much packing done.  So between all the stuff needed to prepare for the surgeries, moving, and the fact that allergies and illnesses have kept me in bed on and off for the last 6 weeks I have been insanely busy!!!!  It seems as though I currently live in the sovereign state of chaos!

My boyfriend said to me last night that I am not to even be at the new apartment helping direct where to put things.  He seems to think I should stay at his moms in bed while everyone puts everything where ever in the new apartment.  HA!  Does anyone believe that is really going to happen?  In case I was physically forced to stay behind, I decided to make up a floor plan of our new apartment and to get an idea of where the furniture and things should go.  So I found this nifty website to help with that.  I was able to draw out the floor plan to the best of my non-architect abilities and then furnish it.  I could even change the flooring.  I was a little bummed I couldn't change the wall colors.  That would have been much cooler.  Oh, and it has a 3D option. They have different level accounts, but mine was just basic and free.  So I'm sure there are tons more cool things I could have done with a better account.  Oh well.  Below is the floor plan I drew up.




Note:  It's not exactly correct with measurements or any of that.  I didn't get that into detail. And a few things had to be substituted (we don't really have 3 fridges in the kitchen, we'll only have 2 combo fridge/freezers).  As for the furniture, again just used what they had on the website.  The colors are exact.  And we don't have a dining room table yet.  It's on the I really really want list.  :)  And I decided not to include all the piles of boxes that surely we'll be cluttering up the space for weeks if not months to come.  lol.  And I haven't completely decided that's where all the furniture is going to go (mainly in the living room). 


So there you'll see a pic of our soon to be new home!  When we get moved in and unpacked and all that I'll be sure to take pictures and maybe even a video.  :)


Bare with me over the next month with all the stuff going on, in case I don't post as much.  


Happy Blogging All!


-FXA



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

so is bedroom 2 set up for me?if you can do without something while it is packed-you can doe without until you are well.mom

Post a Comment