Monday, June 14, 2010

Bashful you say?!?

Well if your the bashful type you don't belong in Sweden.  I say that because you have to be prepared to let it all hang out when you go for many medical things here.  Getting a chest X-Ray??  Everything on top needs to come off.  What? You want a gown or a blanket or something to drape over you? DENIED!  Going to the gyno for your oh so fun women's exam...everything off.  That is kind of the same here, but here you don't even get a paper drape to put over yourself while your laying there with legs in stirrups.  Seriously!  Cannot be bashful here.

The best part is the use of windows EVERYWHERE!

I go into my gyno's office today and there was an entire wall of windows and the blinds were angled open so I could see down to the street (they were the horizontal blinds).  Naturally after stripping down and looking up and seeing the sun shinning and people walking around outside I said to my doc "umm, they can't see in here right!??"  Her response "nah, only one that could possible see anything is someone up in the church tower across the street."  So my response (being the smart ass that I am) was,"well it's not so far fetched to find a creepy man of the church!"

Two weeks ago I had to get chest x-rays done to try and find the cause of my 6 week long cough that wouldn't go away.  And the woman tells me to take off my top, bra and all, and oh by the way one wall of the x-ray room was a wall of windows into the centralized computer room for the department that handles xrays and mri's.  At any given time there is a handful or more of people in there.  And oh yeah, again blinds open.  I couldn't even keep a tank top on with bra off.  Nope!  Needed to be totally topless.

So yeah, can't be the least bit of shy and bashful about your body and nudity here.  That being said, it's not so far fetched to see people sun bathing nude or topless here either.  I guess it's a European thing.  It's definitely taking some getting used to.  But it's also teaching me to be more comfy with my body.  So I guess it's not such a bad thing after all, eh?

-FXA

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh god...i feel your pain. Your fellow bashful Amerikanska friend in Kvissleby.

Post a Comment