Thursday, August 19, 2010

Apparently foolish

In answering my last blog post, it was foolish.

I went back to school this week.  And by school I mean swedish language class through Komvux (adult ed courtesy of the swedish government...and tax payers).  I pulled like 15 kg of crap out of my backpack for class. All my workbooks, insanely heavy dictionary, notebooks, reading books, etc.  Well my teacher happened to view upon Stieg Larsson's first book in the millenium series...in swedish.  Immediately afterwards she pointed out that the book was still too advanced for me, and would take far too long to read.  So it has gone on the back burner.

In the meantime, she gave me another book to read and listen to on tape.  And when I say tape, I really mean tape.  When she showed me the cassette tapes I had to stop and think if we had any equipment in the home to actually play a tape.  Sure enough my sambo still has a boombox from 15 years ago that has a tape deck.  The book is called Den Röda Vargen by Liza Marklund.  That translates to The Red Wolf.  My boyfriend says that she is one Sweden's most popular writers and has won awards so I have high hopes for the book.

So Stieg out, Liz in!

2 comments:

Jacob_m said...

Your local library will have a lot more options. I just had a look at the website of the city library in Eskilstuna and it appears that you can borrow audiobooks in mp3 format on CD's - Or "borrow" audiobooks online in streaming format. First you need to go down to the library and get a library card with an id to use when logging in at Elib though.

Jinx said...

Thanks Jacob. :)

I actually have a library card already. Use the hell out of it over the last year. Hahaha. And surprisingly they have a decently sized selection of books in english. Not so much of the brand new ones. As for the mp3 stuff, I knew they had it, just never figured in english. Hmmm. Might have to look into that. So thanks a bunch. :)

Post a Comment